Saturday 9 August 2014

Partial Thyroidectomy - Before and After Photos

In July 2014 had an operation to remove part of my thyroid. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and have had a visible goitre for about 6 years. The operation was straightforward and I'm feeling fine - but still tired - 2 weeks after the operation.

Consultant and Surgeon both said I should be back to normal in 2 weeks. However, GP said a month, GP was right.

These photos show my goitre a few days before the operation.


Day 2 after operation
 Originally, there were 11 clips. I had half of them removed the day after the operation and the rest on day 2.


Day 3
Day 4 - The district nurse checked the wound and removed the paper stitches.


Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Day 8
Day 9





Day 10



 


Day 11
Day 12
2 weeks after op




4 weeks after op

No comments:

Post a Comment